Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ohhhh how I missed you!

It has been quite a while since I have sewn a piece of clothing for myself, this was the last thing that I have done and that was in in July, so yes it has been way too long!  I was having the urge to whip up something easy and fallish and I have a little blue obsession happening right now...so this is what I came up with! 


 
  

It is loosely based on this burda 7428 pattern, but I had McCalls M5769 already at home which is actually sleepwear and I used the bath robe pattern!  I just made the sleeves shorter and added the cuff and pockets.

  
 It has kind of a kimono feeling and looks cuter belted, but I am mostly loving the pockets!  I am definitely into pockets but am usually too excited to wear something and don't bother with them unless I have too, but now I am going to take the time and put them in everything!

 

 The cowl is also made by me and is really soft gray stripes.  I still haven't decided if I am going to gift it, sell it at our Christmas craft show or keep it...I think probably keep on this one :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment