This morning I only had Caden at home so I was able to finally take some pictures of this top that I made a few weeks ago. It is Simplicity 2599 and it was a bit of a miss that turned into a success (I hope, anyways!). There where a few bumps along the way...ie: a way too big and saggy neckline, strangely placed darts and possibly a poor fabric choice. (I think it is a poly-blend and I am not sure how it will breathe in this weather..it was easy to sew but will have to wait for a cooler day for sure!)
I also didn't love the neck details they showed in the pattern so I came up with this solution to cover the baggy neckline and get my ruffle fix in. The edges are raw because I have not learned to use the serger that I have on loan from my Nanna and I kind of think it plays against the girly ruffle. I also had to wear it with a high waisted elastic skirt that I love right now!
I had great hopes for this pattern, that it would maybe be one that I would use over and over again...it is possible I suppose with a few fixes that I will have to keep in mind for next time! I will use it again and skip the darts and pick a lighter, airier fabric, although I still have yet to wear this one out of the house!
Then I changed back into this for a photo with the baby! (and this is even done up for me, a SAHM with two busy boys!) We have a date at the wade pool with friends this afternoon, hope you are all enjoying your week!