Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How to make a Granny Square Pincushion

I recently received a ton of yarn and fabric from a family friend (thank you Myrna!) and in one of the boxes of goodies was this cute little granny square! It is so much neater and prettier than mine usually are so I figured I should put it to good use...but as what??


 
I have been adoring lacey and doily pincushions lately and I realized that this square could make a pretty little pincushion. I have included a granny square pincushion in a past Friday Favourites and there is also a great little granny square tutorial here!

Here is how I made mine!

You will need:


- 1 granny square - felt - stuffing - needle and thread

1. Cut 2 squares of felt slightly larger than your granny square.
I made mine 4 inches by 4 inches.


2. Sew three sides together.


3. Flip square out so seems are on the inside.
Stuff felt square and sew last seem together so you
end up with a stuffed felt square.


4. Sew granny square to top of felt square.
And you are done!



So this is how the pincushion turned out and I am really enjoying it so far. It was a quick little project and I think that they might just make cute gifts (Christmas or anytime) for my crafty friends and family!

7 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the colours of the square, I would never have thought to turn it into a pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it WAS easy :) and i needed a new pincushion so it was a good use for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will make a quick little prezzie at christmas with the right colours....love it thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now how adorable is this? A great idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Soooooooooo cute, very lovely, easy and a darling project to do...I ll go for it soon...

    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/2010/09/fashion.htm

    Pay a visit to me, hope you like it..Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this! Quick and simple projects are my favorite. And think of all the fun different granny square patterns you could use.

    ReplyDelete