Thursday, March 18, 2010

Baby Legs

Photobucket

So right now Baby legs are a huge trend with parents, and as a cloth diapering mom I swear by them - but I can't justify the 14-20 dollars a pair, so I started making my own, and am posting a little tutorial so you can too.

Material List:
-pair of knee socks
-scissors
-sewing machine
-thread
-pins

Step 1:
Get a pair of knee socks and lay one on top of the other.

Photobucket

Step 2:
Cut out the heels, and throw away heel pieces.

Photobucket

Step 3:
Cut off the toes, and throw away - this will leave you with a rectangle piece that will become the cuff.

Photobucket

Step 4:
Take the remaining rectangle pieces and fold them in half with right sides facing out and raw edges together.


Photobucket

Step 5:
Place the cuffs around the legs - right side up, with raw edges even along bottom and pin in place.

Photobucket
Step 6:
Sew around the 3 layers of the cuff close to the raw edge. When you are finished you can also do a zig zag stitch along the raw edge to prevent the threads from un-raveling, or if you have a surger (which I do not) you can use that instead!


Photobucket

Finished Product
Flip them out and they are ready to wear!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

-Jessi

3 comments:

  1. I really need to get a sewing machine....thanks for the tutorial...they really are so cute Jessi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay I really think I need to have more kids...these are so cute.

    ReplyDelete