Thursday, April 15, 2010

In the Movies! Harry Potter Edition

Photobucket

This weekend we are off to Toronto to visit some friends and hit up the Harry Potter exhibit at the Science Center. The girls and I went to see it in Boston this past fall, but Clifford couldn't come with us, so now it's his chance to see it! Inspired by our trip I collected some Harry Potter patterns you can DIY!

My mom replicated this hat for Kate for Christmas and she wore it all winter - even in the house :)

Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket



Photobucket

Hermoine's Scarf Pattern


Photobucket

Fred & George's Hat


Photobucket

Ginny's Hat, Luna's Scarf


The top picture are potions I made from miniature ketchup bottles. I printed out labels on regular paper and modge podged them on along with red tissue paper. When they were dry I dry brushed on some black paint to make them look aged.

The bottom picture were puppets based on the Potter Puppet Pals, I sewed them for the girls for Christmas. I didn't use a pattern or tutorial - just figured it out as I went, they turned out pretty cute!


Photobucket

Cassie makes cute pygmy puffs - a must have for all Harry Potter fans!


Photobucket

Kate with her Pygmy Puff. She named him Neville.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment